Eleanor supports children, adolescents, and adults with diverse backgrounds and a range of concerns such as anxiety, depression, addictions, trauma, behavioral issues, and family conflicts. She helps clients identify their desires and empowers them to make positive changes in their lives. Eleanor is trained to use several models of therapy which include integrative, cognitive-behavioral, and reality therapy. Her unique approach to goal setting allows her the opportunity to witness client growth and change as they integrate these goals into their daily lives.
Eleanor began her journey working in the counseling field in 2007 by facilitating groups and individual sessions with substance abuse clients and families. It was then that she discovered her passion for helping individuals and families rebuild their lives and relationships by overcoming struggles in their lives. Eleanor has over 17 years’ experience working as a special education teacher and using school-based therapy. After years of supporting children in the school system, Eleanor’s focus has returned to her passion of helping individuals and families heal.
Education & Experience
- Albany State University, B.A. Psychology
- Troy University, M.S. Post-Secondary Education with a concentration in Psychology and Counseling
- Piedmont College, Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
- Circle of Recovery Inc, Anger Management specialist training,
- Troy University 2021, Post Certification in Clinical Mental Health Counseling